Hello, my name is Brenda Pratt. I provide editing, proofreading, content editing, and typesetting services to clients. Being a member of Hook a Sista Up (HASU) since 2016 has its benefits. It is allowing me to go outside my comfort zone, make many connections to other women entrepreneurs, and great referrals.
I’m still developing my gift. Do I still make mistakes? The answer is yes. It’s a process that I love. Here are a few of the courses I’ve finished.
- “Editing and Proofreading Made Simple“, LinkedIn Learning on June 3, 2022.
- “How to Organize Your Time and Your Life“, LinkedIn Learning on June 6, 2022.
- “Proofreading & Copy Editing”, The Chicago Manual of Style (17th Ed.), Editorial Freelancers Association, June 14, 2021 – December 14, 2021.
I’ll be remiss if I didn’t mention some of my clients’ published works. I am very supportive of my clients and their products.
- “Undeniable Faith, How God Kept Me“, Shelly Clanton
- “The Sun Daughter’s Gift“, Eva Finley
- “Becoming a Star during Chaos“, Sha’Kyira Horn
- “Detoxifying our Bodies with Fresh Juices & Smoothies“, Rah’Shaun Shaffon
The skill sets that I provide are:
- time management,
- reviewing, proofreading, editing,
- and customer service.
It is a journey, and I am trusting the journey.